Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

So, it happened - we are now in the year 2016! Is anyone else like me? Wondering where exactly 2015 actually went? I really can't say what I have done this year - it's a blur!

All I know is that I love my family more than ever and I am happy - busy, but happy!

Writing has taken a back-burner as I started teaching again, but I have spent a lot of time researching so it's all good! Maybe this year I'll publish another book? Who knows.

I have been promoting my trilogy this year via channels like Freebooksy and BargainBooksy and they have worked at keeping sales alive. However, it has taken over a lot of my time and I think the time has come to walk away from the trilogy for a bit. So, HYBRID is no longer free to download. I have had it free for over 2 years, have barely had reviews from this, and the sales have allowed me to pay for the promotions - so, no, I have not made enough sales to warrant the effort and expense. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun seeing the downloads rocket, but I feel a like a gambler waiting for that next big hit! I have to step away...

So, on to my resolutions!

  1. Keep on writing
  2. Get fit - I would like to lose a stone at least... (hee hee)
  3. Blog more often about books I have read
  4. Promote authors I love
  5. Have fun teaching & building up new resources
  6. Smile more!

I think that's enough... they are achievable (I have lost weight many times before - I CAN do it again!)

What are your aims for the year? Let's make it a good one?

All the best for 2016,
Vanessa
Fueteventura
Recently visited with the family & had an amazing time!

4 comments:

  1. My Plan for 2016:

    1. Get more organized.
    2. Blog more and better, not just promotions.
    3. Promote authors more and work on my FB page more.
    4. Get back to enjoying reading & reviewing.
    5. Lose weight and keep it off, stop yo-yoing my weight.
    6. Try to finish a story I start since I haven't finished one yet.

    I think most are attainable over the course of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to reading your book! :)

      Delete
  2. These all sound like great goals, Vanessa! Mine are simply to write more consistently! I'm a bit erratic with my writing these days :) Have a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it - I think writing of any kind is a good thing. Blogging is therapeutic! :)

      Delete